The purpose of the OLUSEGUN AGAGU FOUNDATION is to immortalise the name and legacy of the late Dr. Olusegun Agagu, to live up to and seek to actualise his personal credo which was to leave things better than he met them and to further the ideals he lived by and worked passionately towards, particularly intellectual excellence, good governance and national development.
The Initatives of the Olusegun Agagu Foundation includes,
- Provision Of Scholarships: Education was one of Dr. Olusegun Agagu’s passions, evidenced by the establishment of several scholarship programmes at various universities by him (as well as in his honour) over the years. The Foundation will provide continued support for existing scholarships as well as establish new scholarships. Some of the scholarships include:
- Annual prize for the best MSc. student in Petroleum Geology / Sedimentology at the Geology Department, University of Ibadan (new).
- Annual prize for the best student in Geology at 300 Level and for the best graduating student in Geology at 3 universities (existing).
- 5 full-tuition secondary school scholarships to deserving students from Okitipupa Local Government Area (new).
- Annual lecture-symposium series: Lectures and/or symposia will be held to engage members of the general public in intellectual pursuit and to serve as a meeting place of ideas that could promote and advance academic, political and other relevant issues that are relevant to the work of the Foundation.
- Endowed chairs: The Foundation will seek to support educational research and development by sponsoring or endowing Chairs in Universities or providing research grants in the desired areas of academia.
- Publications: The Foundation shall disseminate publications such as books, records, reports and others on the life and works of Dr. Olusegun Agagu.
- Memorial library and historical museum: The Foundation shall establish libraries in memory of Dr. Olusegun Agagu to educate the public as well as promote the work of the Foundation.